Theme : Professions / trades
Since 2004, the Musée de la Tuile has been housed in the Chapel of Sainte-Thérèse, known as the Tilers’ Chapel, where two services are still held each year. There could be no better venue for a tile museum than this chapel, built in 1931, entirely of terracotta. Visitors will be impressed by the variety of pieces on display: besides flat tiles and Roman tiles, violin-patterned tiles, diamond-patterned tiles, boulet tiles and insulating tiles bear witness to the ingenuity of 19th-century tilemakers. A large section of the exhibition is devoted to interlocking tiles, which were perfected by the Gilardoni brothers of Altkirch in Alsace.
Open five Sundays a year.